Five Things to be Thankful For on Thanksgiving (and Every Day!)
In honor of Thanksgiving, I want to share five things that we can all be thankful for, as well as how to repay gratitude.
1: Thank you to parents for
- Raising me and protecting me when I was a helpless infant
- Sacrificing sleep and foregoing fun activities to raise me
- Working hard to put food on the table every day
- Providing shelter
- Paying for my education
- Taking care of me when I was sick
- Sharing whatever good thing you got
- Selflessly trying to give me what you didn’t have growing up
- Criticizing me to prevent me from making grave mistakes
- Pushing me to reach my full potential
I will do my best to help you worry less and make you proud.
2: Thank you to teachers for
- Your tireless dedication to making the future generation ever better
- Teaching me the knowledge and skills that I now use to support my life
I will do my best to put to good use what I have learned.
3: Thank you to the government for providing essential services such as
- Waste management
- National defense
I will respect the law, the leaders, and pay my taxes.
4: Thank you to all workers in society for everything we use in our daily lives, such as
I will respect all professions and do my best in my profession to contribute to society.
5: Thank you to Mother Nature for providing
- …all for free!
I will do my best to be an environmentally responsible citizen of the Earth.
Originally published at https://www.weeklywisdomblog.com on October 10, 2021.